Sunday, March 25, 2007

Visitors

Managed to meet up with a couple of friends who came over for either holiday or work....it was really nice just going out for meals or shopping with them 'cos it was something that I usually do back home but don't do much here....no close friends yet mah!

Angie came over for a couple of days for a holiday with her boyfriend, Bryan and we had a lot of fun just going to try out the different types of food...some I haven't even ate before!


We went to eat at this restaurant famous for it's 'smashing and flying' rice in claypot! Yup..they cook the rice in this clay pot/bowl/container and then they smash the clay in front of you and then throw the rice to another waiter standing at the end of the room who catches the rice on a plate. Quite fun but then it happened so fast I didn't manage to take any pictures of it! Hehe...the rice was actually quite hard....so we ordered some spring onion oil sauce to dribble over it. Here's the picture but a kinda blur tho....


Went to another restaurant for more Vietnamese food...food from Hue, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh, 3 in 1 restaurant! It was bad! I mean the food tasted good but Angie and myself kenna msg attack! Both of us felt sick and tingly on our faces....so we had to down Coke to cure the situation! Phew.... thank God for Coke! I ate there a couple of times before but never had any problems...suspect it was the fish sauce 'cos I had more than usual that night...dipping with food like the picture below....cute huh?! hehe...



Ee Guan came over the next day and I brought him to eat at a local 'coffee shop' kinda place for some tang-hoon and sugarcane with strawberry juice...bez I tell you! It's one of my favourite places to eat!


And after that we went shopping at Ben Thanh Market and Saigon Square....so much to buy....and so hot! So we sat down for a drink...and Ee Guan had a local dessert....that kinda look like our Chendol....


It was really great to have friends over here....people who I can talk crap with and just hang out....so all of you who are reading this...COME!!! :)

1 comment:

Guan said...

Lovely lovely time spent in HCMC city, Ann my dear! So good of you to show me that great chow!

I wanna eat that dessert all over again.

Guan