Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Down Under...Part 1

Waltzing Matilda....waltzing matilda...

Went to Sydney for a week for some training in the Dermalogica Institute over there...was glad to go as I haven't been in Sydney for almost 8 years!

Here's the first attraction in Sydney that I saw... the Harbour Bridge...


Stayed in a serviced apartment...or rather a self-service apartment! And it's soooo mah fan staying there....you can't buzz the other rooms 'cos there's no intercom (had other colleagues staying in another level), and key card only allows you access to go to your room level so if you want to go to the other floors, you gotta go back down to the entrance and buzz them so that they can buzz you up....so bloody mah fan! And they don't clean your apartment! **##$$!! :{

The weather was great! Autumn now....leaves falling, cool wind blowing...it was nice to get away from the heat in Vietnam...



Here's where I go to get trained....the Dermalogica Institute....


And here are some of the classrooms where I learn both practical and theory...

Some of the trainers who taught us.....


While we were there, we joined in the celebrations for one of their staff's birthday...and they do it for everyone on their actual birthdays! So if they have like 10 birthdays a month, they will have 10 celebrations....phew...shiong ah!

They had a road show at one of the shopping malls and we went to see how they conducted things there and if it was successful. Here I am getting my face mapped when the consultants weren't so busy...


Other than going for classes, I also got to go do a little sightseeing....we have to go see the Opera House now don't we?! But then 'cos it was at night....the lighting wasn't great....so I decided to 'point' it out in the pictures to you guys...


And we also caught a musical...Priscilla Queen of the Desert! It was hilarious! Really gawdy and loud, lots of costumes and the guys were amazing in their heels! I loved it!



And of course there was shopping.....other then the major department stores, we went to the few key markets to get some cheap shopping, like the paddy's market, the rocks, paddingtons etc.... Here's a guy making caramelised almonds...yummy...

And they also had these motorcycle tours at the Rocks Market if you are young and reckless! hahaha...


But I think that the thing which I did most in Sydney was....EAT!!! Wah lao eh I tell you...ate so much! All kinds of food! Seafood, steaks, fish & chips, desserts....argh!! Peng san!

Tiramisu....
Lemon Tart...

Waffle ice cream....

Some orangy-peachy dessert...

My colleague posing with the HUGE seafood platter we ordered...


Grilled sirloin and lamb chops...


Fish n Chips....

Spanish food....the paella was quite good...see my plate? almost clean...think that was like my 2nd or 3rd serving...hehe...


Went for Lebonese food one night....look at the spread!! And this was only the starters! :}


Yummy humus and pita bread...

And their yummy grilled meats...


Phew....as you can tell....I had a GREAT trip! But it was also quite tiring.... shop and shop and shop....peng san!

My colleagues couldn't quite catch up with me...peng san almost every night on the way back...

Hehehe.... will be going there again in August for another training session.... Can't wait! :P

No comments: