Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sick...

Still sick.... been coughing for quite a bit since before Chinese New Year.... not terrible cough but it's been getting worse....saw Western doctors twice already but still not any better....so had to go see the Eastern doctor to see if it helps....

Went to this chinese physician here in Vietnam and it was really quite ancient looking.... The apprentice was busy cutting up the herbs using a damn old-school looking cutter...


Doctor said that my lungs were heaty and that I was starting to get phlegm and also starting to get arthiritis! Damn.... all these problems sneak up on you! So here's my 3 packets of herbs that I have to drink twice a day for 3 days.... Bowl in in 4 bowls of water until 1 bowl of liquid is left....yucks!

Felt a little pukish already before I even drink the medicine...so was feeling a little down... Until I spotted my favourite snack on the road! It's called Bo Bia Ngot (Bor Bee Ngot), a po piah like wrap that has coconut shavings, sugar sticks and sesame seeds......The snack is only sold on bicycles....I spotted the guy cycling down the road and had my driver flag him down so that we can buy!



Here's what is looks like on the outside....



And here's what it looks like on the inside....

YUMMY!!! hhmmmm....felt so much better already....

No comments: