Thursday, January 25, 2007

My first wedding....

Yup....t'was my first wedding....that I attended here in Vietnam. It was one of our staff's wedding.... Was quite interesting actually....

It was held in a restaurant which I think also operates as a caberet/dinner performance venue. It's somewhat like the Neptune restaurant back in Singapore. There was a huge stage in the front and there were 4 split levels for the tables. When we walked in, there was already a live band going on and there were 2 huge screens at the side showing the couple's wedding pictures.



That's me, Amy (my cuz) & Tata (who works for another auntie of mine in Cambodia)....enjoying the experience....



And our picture with the happy couple....can you tell which one is the bride? I tell you....she looked soooo different! Sooooo much make up until even my auntie couldn't even recognise her! But the culture here is a little different, they hardly dress up or make up for work but when it comes to events such as dinners and weddings, they undergo like a major transformation!


But the 'best' and perhaps the most memorable thing for me that happened during the wedding was that they aired a live soccer match of Vietnam vs Thailand (some asia cup or something...) during the dinner! Yup....a live soccer match during a wedding dinner....


You can imagine that everyone was cheering and booing throughout the whole game.....while the couple was making their way around all the tables for their table photos. Damn sala lah....the couple wasn't the highlight on their special occasion! If something like that ever happened during my wedding....somebody's head will roll! DONT MESS WITH ME :)

No comments: