Monday, June 4, 2007

...Universal...in my hands...

Woke up bright and early...again...going on tours ain't quite my thing I guess...all this waking up bloody early...no good.... But since we were going to Universal Studios, I guess I had to drag myself up!

Saw this car in the hotel parking lot....so cute! It had the 'Speedy Gonzalez' sticker on the hood...and it's a Corvette! Must be a lady driver?? :)



Headed to Hollywood Boulevard first to catch the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Chinese Theatre....
And there were a few actors who came as characters of certain movies to make a quick buck from tourists....each picture you take with them, you 'tip' them like a dollar...and being tourists, of course we had to have our picture taken right!?!? hehe...
Here's my auntie with Charlie Chaplin...
And us with Gandalf...a big one!

There were a lots of souvenir shops around and you can get your own Academy Award for under US$10!!


And get your own 'Star' for under US$15! Now we can all be famous! :)




So we finally reached Universal Studios.... and I have it in my hands! hehe...

First attraction was at the fountain area just as you enter.....can you tell which statue is fake?


He looks so real right!??!?! Quite cool....


And as we walked further in, Shrek was out doing his 'patrol' too....and everyone couldn't wait to have their picture taken with him...it...whatever...

Had our picture taken at the famous HOLLYWOOD signage....or rather a backdrop of the signage...

Went on to take the tour around around the studio....had to wait and queue on on these stars for our ride... I was star no. 41...

We drove around the indoor sets first then the outdoor sets.... Here's the set for Heroes...

The set for Ghost Whisperer and from way back....Back to the Future!


Set of Desperate Housewives...


Set of War of the Worlds....They really bought an old airplane and destroyed it! Expensive...


And this was a really cute set, can't remember which movie it was for but all the houses and cars were actually made from styrofoam! Can you believe it? It looked so real too...


Went by the 'garage' where they parked all the famous cars from various movies such as Fast & the Furious, Back to the Future, Magnum PI etc....

Then we entered this special set where they had the cars from 'Tokyo Drift' do a little performance for us...


We also passed by this set of a Mexican village to show us how they create rain and flood....


And jun jun I was sitting on the outer side of the carriage so kenna splashed by the water! Soaked I tell you! Even my eye make-up ran! Soooo unglam...sigh....
We also entered an underground set where they simulated an earthquake....had a gasoline truck collapsing, explosions and another avalanche of water! Lucky the water hit the other side of the carriage so I was safe! hehe...

Finished our tour of the sets and we were off to catch all the rides!
We went the Revenge of the Mummy ride...and had our picture take with THE MUMMY!



Then we went to 'Jurassic Park'....



Here's excited me getting ready for the ride!




We also went into the House of Horrors....not scary, just lots of 'ghouls & ghosts' jumping out in front of us....


And caught the performance at the 'Underwater World' set.....again....lots of water being thrown at the audience....luckily I sat quite far away! :)


Phew....it was another looong day... all the excitement....had to rest and eat! hehe.... Check out these chocolate caramel apples!!! Wah lao....super yummy or what!??!?




Got myself one that was covered with milk & white chocolate and almonds....shiok!






One other thing which I really liked about Universal Studios were these long long escalators....


Feel like I'm travelling to some rocket ship or something..... :)

No comments: